April 17, 2006

Happy Easter

(I actually kinda forgot it was Easter until Sunday evening...hehe)

Not much to report really. Settling in, slowly. The sakura is slowly diminishing :'( . Course continues to go well. We are doing lots of revision of numbers, telling the time etc. which can be quite painful, especially with larger or more complex numbers (for example...let's see...288,300 translates into "ni-juu-hachi-man-hassen-san-byaku"...and 11:35pm is "gogo-juu-ichi-ji-san-juu-go-fun", I think). Crazy-ass moon language.

Weekend was cool, except for Saturday, which I spent nursing a hangover and watching er um legally acquired media files (I've now hooked my laptop up to my TV - cinematic!). Friday eve began in the campus bar drinking Guinness (gawd bless it) and ended with myself and 3 Swedish guys going to a yakitori (fried chicken) joint at about 1am...had a nice conversation (if you could call it that) with a local family before retiring. Ah the student life. Sunday eve had dinner at my neighbor's place with 7-8 others, miraculous really considering these are single-occupancy apartments.

Word to yo mother.

1 comments:

ajf April 19, 2006 3:45 PM  

No you buffoon! I was being ironic! And they do indeed have daytime TV in Japland, but it's not as good as the morning TV, although only because I'm slightly in love with the girl who co-hosts "Good Morning Japan" on NHK *^_^*

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP