January 7, 2008

Happy new year! 明けましておめでとうございます!

Right then, I've finally got an internet connection in my new apartment, so hopefully I'll be updating this thing a little more often. Is anyone actually still reading? If so, you have my sincere thanks...

To summarize my current state of play, for the lazy/indolent: I am living in my very own apartment in Nagoya (Tenpa-ku). Currently very minimalist (i.e. I haven't bought much furniture yet). I work in Nisshin (just outside of Nagoya) proofreading and translating owner's manuals for Toyota.

I'm just back from visiting friends & fam in the UK for Christmas. Very nice to see everyone. Flight back was slightly problematic, in that the co-pilot of my connecting flight was suddenly taken ill (at least that's the airline's story, resulting in me having to spend a night in Helsinki. However, BA/Finnair put us all up in the airport Hilton, which was really very nice indeed. Helsinki was a bit on the brisk side though (about -5c during the daytime). The next day I could only get a filght to Osaka which meant getting back to Nagoya via several trains, which I particularly enjoyed because I hadn't slept at all on the 10 hour flight from Helsinki. Oh I do like to moan. Still, back now. And jetlagged...I slept 12 hours last night, hehe...

First day back at work today...I was a little scared as I felt like I'd forgotten most/all of my Japanese...struggled through somehow though, hehe. The morning was taken up with a new year's conference, held in a conference centre right out in the middle of nowhere (if you don't believe me, check the satellite view...fields aplenty!).

Well, off to bed I think...(jetlag)

2 comments:

ジョン January 08, 2008 3:20 PM  

I'm still here, man. あけおめことよろ! It's great that you're doing so well in your Japanese life and also that you were able to get home for the holidays. Catch you soon!

Anonymous,  January 11, 2008 1:32 AM  

Finally~to see your new post here...I'm still reading here and don't get lazy like I do...hehe

Happy 2008 and take care!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP