April 11, 2008

Fun with commuting

Here's a video that's somewhat painful to watch! (don't worry it's not pr0n)

http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/08040701.html

An extreme example of course, but still...apparently the average daily commute of those working in Tokyo (I'm assuming that's Tokyo in the video) is around 2 hours. Once again I am thankful that I live and work in roughly the middle of nowhere (somehow I can't quite picture the good old Meitetsu Toyota-sen (the line I take to work) ever getting quite that bad) and that I work for a company open-minded enough to operate flex-time (meaning that I can avoid busy periods, and also meaning that I can spend those precious, precious extra minutes/hours in bed in the morning).

Haven't had a dumb cat picture in a while so here's a pile of the bastards:

5 comments:

Anonymous,  April 12, 2008 9:00 PM  

'sardine can' should be the title of that video. So if you did 1 and half years at Yamasa, you must of completed the NA red book? Have you passed JLPT level 2?. Just wondering if I need to study the red book in order to pass level 2 and if the JLPT is worth anything in Japan ( since you are working there ) thanks

ajf April 12, 2008 11:50 PM  

To "anonymous" (not to sound like an asshole but I'd at least appreciate a name if you're asking for my help BTW)

I actually finished Yamasa after doing half of the red book (before that I did an intermediate non-NA book), and yes I have passed JLPT level 2. I think you can pass level 2 without doing the red book, but since it contains things that are covered in the test, it certainly wouldn't hurt to study it or alternatively look at 完全マスター2級.

I couldn't really tell you if the JLPT is worth anything to Japanese employers...I landed my job before taking the JLPT. People have told me that such things as how well you speak and perform in interviews are more important though. Can't hurt to have it on the CV though.

Anonymous,  April 13, 2008 6:36 PM  

Thanks for the reply. My name is Tomoya. You're right, I should learn some net etiquette!

ajf April 15, 2008 9:28 PM  

No problem Tomoya, hope it was of some help...

Also, I think I was in a bad mood, sorry ><

リン March 06, 2009 2:18 AM  

Honestly, I was browsing your blog after looking up Yamasa, and I was stopped short by this pile o' kitties. Where does one find a fortuitous mound such as this?! The picture has most certainly brightened my day. Thank you.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP