May 5, 2008

GW

It is Golden Week here in Japan (a consecutive series of bank holidays kinda thing)...though for me it's more of a Golden two days...back to work on Wednesday...either way I have free time on my hands so I thought I'd try and post something here.

It's strange...not to go off on a tangent or anything, but I was just ruminating on how my lovely but recently removed friend John-san uses his blog as an opportunity to practice his written Japanese...and I do pretty much the exact opposite. By which I mean, living and working in Japan, I relish the chance to write something in English, and this blog (when I can be bothered) serves as an outlet to that end. Well, I say that, but actually I'm just incredibly lazy about learning Japanese. So it goes.

Anyway, Golden Week! Whoop-ola!

Since getting some scratch together (a wonderous thing after a year and a half of studentitude) I've been somewhat indulging my irrational love of peculiar Japanese musics...in other words I am slowly becoming a vinyl otaku...to that end I attended a record fair in Kanayama this weekend and spent far too much money on crusty slabs of wax. Though, even saying this, I must commend myself on my restraint, I could quite easily have spent 5 times the amount I did (there was a copy of a hideously rare Tolerance side! On Vanity Records! In practically mint condition! And Kan Mikami's first LP as well!!! And that JA Seazer LP...and and and good God but I need a girlfriend).

While we're on the subject, some time ago I tried starting a music blog, but then kinda lost interest...maybe I'll do something with it...I've got a ton of stuff that I have an irrational urge to post about...http://musicsfromjapan.blogspot.com/

By the way, some tool keeps posting spam comments on my blog with links to pr0n sites...so, if you see a comment posted by someone you don't know...er, stay in school...etc)

2 comments:

Jazza May 06, 2008 4:34 AM  

Yeah, keeping a blog running isn't easy ;)

Oh and to avoid the blog spam, you can go to the Blogger dashboard, click on Settings, then on comments, and choose "Who Can Comment" and click on registered users. that should stop it ;)

ジョン May 06, 2008 12:50 PM  

Ha! I wish I had the problem you had, of needing to get away from Japanese. :-)

For comments, consider the comment approval system too.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP