September 25, 2007

Movin' on

Well, school's finished. For good, I mean. Yep, 1,446 (count 'em!) hours of Japanese study later and my Japanese still sucks. Hehe :(

The graduation ceremony was last Friday. All very emotional. Or it would've been had I not been quite so hungover (it was my birthday the day before).

So what's next...well, for those of you I haven't already told, I was lucky enough to get a job lined up at a publishing/communications company near Nagoya (i.e. a 50 -odd minute train journey from my current location). So I'll still be in the area, and it's nice that I can remain in an area where I have friends and a support network (god knows I'll need one), and it's nice to think that I will be able to come back to Okazaki from time to time, hang out at the local (to the school) bar, meet people etc.


So, I need to change my student visa to a work visa. This process takes a varying amount of time (usually about a month), and while this process is going on I am given a kind of in-limbo visa which doesn't allow me to either leave the country or rent a proper apartment. So, when I leave my apartment (I have to be out tomorrow) I am going to move temporarily to an old, nearby house belonging to a friend of a friend, that they were kind enough to agree to let me stay in. No Internet so...I may be out of communication for a while (I'll still be checking e-mail as often as possible).

Anyway, must get back to packing, will write more later (probably).

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 26, 2007 12:02 PM  

アンディさんへ
卒業、そして就職おめでとうございます。YAMASAでの暮らしはきっと人生の一環として
良い思い出になったでしょう:P
勤めによって学校とは違った日本体験ができるので頑張って楽しんでくださいね。
機会があってまた岡崎に戻られた際に学校のフロ・バーでも一杯の飲みましょうね。
言葉を借りれば「ノミニケーション」でした?・・・・
みき 敬具

an observer September 26, 2007 11:16 PM  

Congratulations on your graduation and your new job! Best of luck to you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP