September 4, 2006

Had kind of a sucky weekend all in all, really. On Saturday night, I got completely idiotically lost going from the school I teach at to the station, consequently missed the last train home, and was forced to spend the night in Toyohashi. Huge chunks of my weekend disappeared, I got tired and stressed out, missed my former-classmate's sayonara party, and I got hardly any study done. The lessons on Sunday went well though and it actually felt as though my students were learning the things I've been trying to teach them, which is a great feeling. Still, I've been thinking about quitting the school job and sticking with private students for the time being. It's an OK gig but Toyohashi is too far away, teaching children makes me too nervous, and it's having a derogatory effect on my studies and my energy levels.

So yeah, just tired and busy really (again). Have developed a strange craving for a soft drink named Calpis (pronounced Cal Piss, unfortunately). It's a slightly sticky white liquid (get that smirk off your face) with a sweet, fruity kind of taste. Hard to describe, but it's somehow very nice. There's also Diet Calpis, which doesn't taste half as bad as I was expecting it to (the main attraction of Calpis is the huge amount of sugar it doubtlessly contains).

土曜日の夜、仕事をする学校から豊橋駅まで行く時に、道が迷った。 それから、さいしょの電車に遅れました。 すごくバカですね。 豊橋に止まらなければならないので、 つかれて悲しくなりました。 大変でしたけど、大丈夫です。 

しかし、先週末の私を教えたじゅぎょうはよかったと思います。 でも、学校でつずけるかどうか、考えて、分かりません。 豊橋も遠いし、子供もこわいし、勉強するのは少ししかできないし。。。それから、当分、自分と勉強する事のために、ポライバットじゅぎょうだけを教えるのほうがいいと思います。

さいきん、私では、カルピスがとてもおいしくなりました! どうして? 分からない。。。

5 comments:

ジョン September 05, 2006 7:54 PM  

I think I'll focus on private lessons also. Really sorry to hear about that sucky night. (So that's why you weren't there.) I once had a rough night at Okazaki Eki, but that's nowhere near as bad as that.

あの~、「豊橋も多い」が書いてあるね。

ajf September 05, 2006 10:52 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ジョン September 05, 2006 11:34 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous,  September 07, 2006 8:16 PM  

You find the name "Calpis" unfortunate ? you are slipping young man..

ajf September 11, 2006 9:35 PM  

Sorry to quelch (oo-er) your curiosity, but those comments were just John-san correcting me on a typo, and I deleted them once I'd corrected it.

Also, I think I just made up the word "quelch". Zoinks Scoob!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP