December 8, 2006

Sorry, once again, for not writing in such a long time. I know there are people who check this blog often (thank you!) and it feels slightly like I'm letting you down. It just hasn't really felt like I've had much to write about recently. Which is wrong, I've probably just not particularly felt like writing...

So...what have I been up to? School...seem to have managed to fight off the general feeling of burnt-outed-ness (sic) that I've been feeling over the last month or so, and this week has felt generally more enjoyable and productive.

Despite how it may seem on occasion, I am enjoying my time here and finding it very valuable...I can just get a little overly introspective at times I suppose. I've been thinking a lot about next term (Jan-Apr)...I'm pretty much at the bottom of my class right now, but I think I'd like to progress to the next level if at all possible...this term has been something of a baptism by fire

Other than school...I've been playing with my neighbor's Wii (innuendo ahoy!). I've also been reading (i.e. trying to read) lots of manga, primarily the very confusing Bushizawa Receive (大屋先生、 ありがとう ^_^) which is lots of fun, in a batshit-insane Japanese way. ひとみさんへ。。。僕、おたくじゃないぞ!! 本当に!!! (・_・;)

My teaching work is kinda sparse at the moment...I do maybe 1 or 2 lessons a week if I'm lucky, but as long as the people I see find them useful, I enjoy giving them. In fact, one of my students (I'm sorry, I'm very hesitant to use terms like "lesson" and "student" since I don't feel even remotely like a teacher) is visiting the UK over new year's, which will be cool (that's when I'll bee there, see?).

The weather is getting cold...slowly descending into winter...きゃぁぁ、 寒い。。。Back in the U.S.S.K in a little under 2 weeks...scary...

2 comments:

an observer December 09, 2006 9:11 AM  

Glad things are getting better! Enjoy your time in the UK and happy holidays!

ジョン December 09, 2006 9:18 PM  

DON'T LEAVE ME HERE IN THIS FRIGID, ARID WASTELAND BY MYSELF!!!

Er, that is to say, I hope you have a fine trip.

I've heard about the burned-out feeling of immediate-level classes. I'm barely managing to stay to above the water is sometimes feel, in terms of motivation and such. But now that I know what to expect, I can plan and prepare for the next term.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP