July 18, 2007

Summer

Summer is upon us once again. As I may have intimated before, it's not exactly my favorite season, especially here in humidity land. I must give thanks daily to the gods of air-conditioning and just ride it out I guess.

So term started again last week...last one (I'm fairly certain this time!). I think it would be feasible for me to continue for one more term after this (i.e. until December), but...to be honest I really don't think I want to. My mood changes often, but in general I feel as though I have well and truly had it with intensive Japanese study, at least for the time being. I often feel like I'm not learning anything anymore...so much so in fact that I feel like my Japanese level is actually regressing. So doing another term honestly feels like it would be a waste of money.

This feeling of regression seems, in fact, to be in conjunction with what feels like a drop in my general level of intelligence, Japanese-related or not. It's hard to explain, but most of time recently, my brain just kinda feels like it can't be bothered with anything, like it's gone into hibernation for the summer and has left me with a skeleton staff of mental faculties. Generally a kind of feeling of confusion and forgetfulness.

So yeah, kind of coasting right now really. Change of scene would be good, and I feel that if I could get school out of the way and go somewhere completely different for a month or so and rest that I could kick the feeling of mental lethargy and get my mind back, but I'm kind of trapped here until September. Still no definite plans as to what I'm gonna do after...one company in Tokyo has shown some interest in me, and I will be in discussion with them early next month.

Sorry for writing another miserable entry, but I think it helps to alleviate. Things aren't as bad as I make them out to be, I'm sure... ^_^

3 comments:

Unknown July 19, 2007 9:11 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
an observer July 20, 2007 10:31 AM  

It's good to hear from you. A change of scenery is definitely in order.

However, don't forget how fortunate you are to be able to study there! A lot of people would love the chance to give up their working time or even be able to afford to take time to study a new language in its native country.

Enjoy the summer and good luck with the job hunt!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP